The Gentleman's Trading Company Pty Ltd — FLÎKR Mini Fireplace
What are the defects?
The product does not comply with the requirements of the Consumer Goods (Decorative Alcohol Fuelled Devices) Safety Standard 2017.
The product does not comply with the requirement to:
1. be a permanent fixture or have a dry weight of at least 8 kilograms and a footprint of at least 900 square centimetres;
2. meet the stability test set out in the European standard; and
3. come with a fuel container with a flame arrester or an automatic fuel pump system
4. have the prescribed warning.
What are the hazards?
The flame from a decorative alcohol burner may not be visible when lit. If the user refills the burner while lit there is a risk of an uncontrolled flame burst causing serious burns. A burner that does not have the required weight and footprint can be knocked over, resulting in an uncontrolled fire causing serious injuries or death.
What should consumers do?
Consumers must immediately cease use of the FLÎKR Mini Fireplace and contact Gallantoro to make arrangements to return the product for a full refund of the purchase price and postage.
For further information, consumers can contact the supplier by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Online at www.Gallantoro.com
- 25 July 2020 - 12 August 2020
Recall advertisements and supporting documentation
South Australia Consumer & Business Services is the responsible regulator for this recall.