Portela Group Pty Ltd t/a Factory Fast—Salvatore Angelotti Iron Bunk Bed
What are the defects?
Product does not meet the mandatory safety standard.
1. There is a gap in the mesh panel behind the desk that is greater than 95mm but smaller than 230mm.
2. There are gaps on the right and left side frames that are greater than 400mm but which have a reducing configuration that prevents the removal of a 230mm diameter probe.
3. Products do not have a sticker stating the country of origin of the product or the Australian distributor's name and address.
4. Some models have the sticker stating the maximum height of the upper mattress in the wrong place.
What are the hazards?
Possible entrapment in the frame of the desk unit.
What should consumers do?
All consumers who purchased the product will be individually contacted and offered a full refund, repair kit, or a replacement product that complies with the mandatory standard.
For further information please call 02 8405 7985.
- 15 February 2010 - 17 August 2011
Australian Competition and Consumer Commission is the responsible regulator for this recall.