MyRV Pty Ltd — Auto-Trail Motorhomes MY2012-2020
What are the defects?
Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) is a colourless, highly flammable gas that may leak and build up inside the caravan where the consumer gas piping is located inside the caravan.
Some models may have defects in relation to the relevant gas safety standard for installation in caravans for non-propulsive purposes:
1. LP Gas cylinder compartments are not correctly sealed or vented.
2. Ventilation of the living area is not sized or located correctly.
3. Gas safety labelling does not comply with the requirements for gas systems in recreational vehicles.
What are the hazards?
In the event of a gas leak, the following may occur:
1. Incorrect LP gas cylinder storage and venting increases the risk of any leaking gas not dispersing or being diluted to safe levels. Any build-up of LP Gas increases the risk of fire or explosion.
2. Insufficient ventilation provisions may cause a build-up of products of combustion from gas appliances within the motorhome and there may be risk of carbon monoxide poisoning, which could result in serious illness, injury or death.
What should consumers do?
Consumers can continue to use their gas appliances but should have the windows, door or roof vent open for more ventilation until the vehicle is repaired.
Affected owners will be contacted by email/phone/direct mail. Consumers should contact their nearest Elite RV Service Centre via https://www.auto-trail.com.au/contact-auto-trail-australia/ to arrange for modifications to the installation, free of charge.
For further information, consumers can contact MyRV Pty Ltd on 0419 787 701.
Elite RV - located in Burleigh Heads (Head Office) Qld, Sydney NSW, Melbourne Victoria, Perth WA (now closed)
Sydney RV NSW (no longer a dealer for AutoTrail)
Melbourne and European Frankston VIC (no longer trading)
- 3 August 2012 - 20 November 2020
Recall advertisements and supporting documentation
Resources Safety & Health Queensland is the responsible regulator for this recall.