Mazda Australia Pty Ltd — Mazda3 MY2014-2016, Mazda6 and Mazda CX-5 MY2012-2018
What are the defects?
The affected vehicles may accumulate carbon deposits in the intake shutter valve, in addition to premature wear of certain engine components.
What are the hazards?
If carbon deposits accumulate in the intake shutter valve or the vehicle experiences premature wear of certain engine components, the following symptoms may be presented:
- A gradual drop of engine power.
- Multiple warning lights to display on the driver's dashboard.
- A gradual increase in vehicle stopping distance.
- Potential engine stall with no re-start.
- Smoke may emit from the engine compartment.
If any of the above symptoms occur, there is an increased risk of an accident or injury to vehicle occupants and other road users.
What should consumers do?
Mazda Australia will contact all affected owners to arrange a time to book vehicle in for repairs, once parts become available. Owners will be advised to present their vehicles to have the affected components inspected and repaired, where required, and also complete a software update to the Engine Control Module, at no charge.
Consumers who require further information should contact Mazda Customer Support on 1800 034 411.
Authorised Mazda dealers
- 26 January 2012 - 10 August 2018