Mazda Australia Pty Ltd — Mazda CX-9 (TC) MY2017
What are the defects?
The vehicle's wiring harness connectors may have a weak retention force, which may cause communication errors between the vehicle control modules.
What are the hazards?
If the vehicle control modules miscommunicate, the below events may occur as a result, which may increase the risk of an accident or injury to vehicle occupants and other road users:
- false warnings may be displayed on the instrument cluster
- the turn signals (indicators) may not operate as intended
- the engine may not be able to be restarted, and/or
- the front passenger airbag may not deploy as intended in the event of an accident.
What should consumers do?
Mazda Australia will contact all affected owners. Owners will be advised to present their vehicle to their preferred Mazda dealer for repair of the affected wiring connectors, at no charge.
Consumers who require further information should contact Mazda Customer Support on 1800 034 411.
Authorised Mazda dealers
- 16 October 2017 - 6 February 2019