eBay seller gadget_arcade — Baby Multi-functional Adjustable Cot Convertible Table Mattress Mosquito Net
What are the defects?
The product does not comply with the mandatory standard 'Trade Practices Act 1974. Consumer Protection Notice No. 6 of 2005 Consumer Product Safety Standard: Children's Household Cots'.
The cot fails various design, construction, performance and labelling requirements:
1. The distance between the top of the mattress base and the top edge of the lowest cot side does not comply.
2. A foothold is created when the mosquito net is installed.
3. The cot has an accessible sharp point.
4. The access fastening device does not automatically engage when the dropside is raised and may be able to be opened by a child from within the cot.
5. The warning labels and safety markings are missing.
What are the hazards?
The cot poses a risk of entrapment, suffocation and falls which could result in serious injury or the death of an infant or young child.
What should consumers do?
Consumers should stop using the product and contact the eBay seller gadget_arcade store to arrange for a full refund.
For further information, consumers should email email@example.com or send a message to the gadget_arcade store via eBay customer service at https://mesg.ebay.com.au/mesgweb/ViewMessages/0/All?filter=1
- 10 January 2021 - 15 April 2021
Recall advertisements and supporting documentation
South Australia Consumer & Business Services is the responsible regulator for this recall.